Questions about Pixie? Post any Pixie related questions here.

Tags: 1.2, 2, 2.0, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05, 2.10, Pixie, More…Pixie 2, Pixie2

Views: 966

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kathy, I have been working to try and reproduce this however, every time I print I get two pages each with 9 images on it. For me, this appears to be working correctly. I know there were some major changes to the way Pixie prints, especially on Mac, that might benefit you. If you have not already done so, give the Pixie update a try: http://tech4learning.com/pixie/updates

Now if you are still running into this issue, it would be helpful if you can send me a copy of your Pixie session log. I will send you a link that you can use to upload the session log directly to me. The session log can be saved from within Pixie. Click the Help menu if you are using Windows or click the Pixie menu on Mac. Click About Pixie and then click the "Open Session Log" link. Then simply save this log to your Desktop.
We are running PIXIE 2.1 at our school and are encountering a problem with it printing. We try to print to a Lexmark C532 color printer but it will not print. We can print to our black and white printer via PIXIE but not the 532. We have tried updating the printer drivers to no avail.

If we have the Lexmark C532 set as the default printer and just click the PRINT button it will work. The problem comes in when we try to use the print all feature because you have to choose a printer and it will not just print to the default.

Any ideas?
Hi Ken, I have heard of this issue happening before. If you are using OSX, make sure that all of your system and Java updates are installed. If you are on Windows, or if you are still having trouble after updating on OSX, please send me an e-mail or give me a call at your earliest convenience. I am here Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Pacific Time. E-mail me at support@tech4learning.com or by phone 619-563-5348. When you call, simply ask for Technical Support.
Wanted to downlaod a sample of Pixie. Brought me to this web site.
Eva,

Some of our samples are linked on this page. Do you know what sample you were interested in? Let me know and I will try and see if I can find it for you.

Elizabeth

Hey, Kenny.  I'm trying to share 7 slides, with audio in Pixie to a video.  Every time I try and convert the slides to the Quicktime video, I receive the following error:  A QuickTime error occurred: fnfErr (-43)  Any ideas?  Thanks :)

Hi, Liz. This usually has to do with one of the sound files not playing nice with QuickTime. If you send me a copy of the Pixie projects, I'll track down the culprit.

Thanks, Kenny.  I'll for sure do that. 

I'm going to be starting a 1st grade unit on Fairy Tales very soon. Any ideas? Were any fairy tale stickers collected?

Hey, Kenny.  We are currently running Pixie 2.  Lately, when a class of students tries to utilize the stickers, they either won't come up or they just freeze.  Any idea what this might be?

Hi, Liz.  It sounds like a content filter or a firewall could be interfering with the online content but, I'm not yet certain.  Can you send me a Pixie session log from a computer after you see this behavior?

Click the Help menu and choose About Pixie.  Click the Open Session Log link and save a copy of the text document that opens.  You can upload the log using our upload form page.

I am looking for Fraction stickers... I can make them I just wanted to save some time. I know pixie comes with Picture Fractions I am wanting Just fractions in numbers like 2/4 or 1/2. Just wondering if anyone has already made some they would want to share, if not I will make them and share them.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Tech4Learning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service